The student and professional staff of the Residential Education unit provides support and guidance for all Village residents as they encounter the challenges associated with college life.
The Residential Education Specialist, Complex Coordinators, Leadership Coordinator and student Community Advisors (CAs) are responsible for the following essential functions within the Village:
- provide emergency on-call response
- general advising, problem solving and conflict resolution
- co-curricular program planning designed to build the necessary skills to live successfully
- conduct mediation sessions and foster communication between roommates
- hold students accountable for their actions through the standard judicial process
- ensure that student housing is safe, secure, attractive and well-maintained
- conduct annual check-in and check-out processes and on-site inspections
The Residential Education staff challenge residents to learn about themselves, their personal needs and diversity and to recognize and value all members of their community. This unit is charged with fostering student leadership through participation in the Village Watch Programs. The Residential Education staff members have a lot to offer you!